from: Grit Magazine
- 8 dove breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups corn bread stuffing mix
- 1 cup upland game bird stock or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
- Saute celery, onion, and parsley in butter over medium heat until tender.
- Add remaining stuffing ingredients. Mix until moistened.
- Place half of stuffing mixture in prepared casserole. Arrange dove breasts over stuffing.
- Cover completely with remaining stuffing mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until dove is cooked through and tender, about 1 hour.